Discrete Min-Max Block
- A discrete event message triggers the Discrete Min/Max Block.
- Upon trigger, the Discrete Min/Max Block retrieves a numeric value specified by the user (specified by double-clicking on the block). The user may extract a numeric value contained within the or retrieve a value unrelated to .
- The extracted value is added to the block's internalized data collection.
- The block then determines the Minimum/Maximum value among its collection. The result is output as / .
After the evaluation, it passes on the original message unchanged through its right-side output port.
- (Optional) The user can also set up the Discrete Min/Max Block to delete its internal data collection and reset its / output to a NaN (Not A Number) when a discrete event message, triggers the reset port.
Recommended Tutorials For This Section
For a tactile learning experience, please try the following tutorial:
Discrete Minimum Block, Discrete Maximum Block
Double-Click Edit Window
Double-click on the block to bring up an edit window:
- Clicking on the formula link will display a green canvas where the user can define an equation which will determine the specific numeric value to be added to the block's data collection at the moment the block is triggered by .
Internalized Logic Canvas
Internalized Logic Canvas: Several blocks in ADL contain an internalized logic canvas which can be accessed by double-clicking on the block.
Example. Internal Logic Canvas
The canvas is used to define user-made equations which will play an important role in the overall operation of the respective block. The following icons can be dragged onto the green canvas to define an equation:
- : These icons can be linked to define an arithmetic equation or a True/False statement.
- : The Block Value Icon allows the user to reference the output of any other block in the algorithm. When dragged onto the canvas, the Block Value Icon will display a menu from which the user will be able to choose a block within the algorithm (except for the blocks contained in a virtualized block).
: The Message Info Icon allows the user to extract certain information embedded within a discrete event message, such as a Fill Confirmation Message. When dragged onto the canvas, the Message Info Icon will display the following selectable fields:
Field Description Limit The price of the respective order or the order about to be submitted OrderQty The total order quantity of the respective order or the order about to be submitted WorkingQty The working quantity of the respective order or the order about to be submitted FillPrice Fill price FillQty Fill quantity Instrument Instrument of the submitted order ExeQty Total filled quantity of the respective order DisclosedQty The disclosed quantity or percentage (%) of total goal quantity viewable to the market DeletedQty The canceled quantity of the deleted order or the order about to be deleted IsBuy When this field is selected, the respective block will evaluate the user's fill confirmations messages (not trade data message disseminated by the exchange) and will output a Boolean value of TRUE if the user's fill was a buy side execution StopTrigger The price at which the respective stop-limit or stop-market order is activated TradeQty Quantity of the last trade for a specific instrument TradePrice Price of the last trade for a specific instrument IsQuotingOrder Applies to discrete event messages generated by an ASE Order Block. The field will output a Boolean value of TRUE if the message was generated from an order submission for the quote leg of the respective spread IsHedgeOrder Applies to discrete event messages generated by an ASE Order Block. The field will output a Boolean value of TRUE if the message was generated from an order submission for the hedge leg of the respective spread User Field 1 - 4 An empty field that can be populated with a value using a Value Injector Block. The value may then be extracted using a Value Extractor Block