Before installing TT Algo Strategy Engine, consider the following points:
- Algo SE must run on a dedicated server-class
machine with a minimum of eight CPU cores.
If your machine has fewer than eight CPU cores, the installation process fails.
- The server must use at least Windows Server 2003, Service Pack 2, 64-bit.
- The server must have Microsoft .NET 4.0 installed.
- No application-level software other than Algo SE should run on this machine.
- Only one instance of Algo SE should run on this machine.
Installing the TT Software
To install TT Algo Strategy Engine:
- Run the Algo SE setup.
The License Agreement dialog box appears.
- Read the End
User License Agreement.
If the installation detects previous installed TT products, it automatically installs Algo SE in the same directory as your other TT products. Otherwise, it prompts you for a location to install the software.
The Browse to aconfig.xml dialog box appears.
- If this is the first TT product on your TT Trading System, continue with Step 3.
- If you provide an aconfig.xml file, skip to Step 5, on page 10.
- A Continue Without Providing File prompt appears asking you whether you want to continue.
- Click Yes,
and skip to Step 11.
Your Algo SE installs with its customized aconfig.xml. For information on how the TT system replicates aconfig.xml across your TT system, refer to the TT Gateway Architecture System Administration Manual Version 7.X.
- You must supply the aconfig.xml that you
use so that the install package updates it with new gateway exchange
- Click Browse
- Navigate to the location of your aconfig.xml file.
- Double-click the file, and then click Next.
- The Available
Algo SE Names dialog box displays with a list of Algo SE flavors.
Click the Gateway-Flavor that you want Algo SE to display in Guardian.
To trade on the TT Gateway, traders must log into this Algo SE Gateway-Flavor. This Gateway-Flavor appears in Guardian’s tree of exchanges.
- Click Next.
Depending on your current system setup, the installation script updates or installs the necessary related components, such as Guardian.
The InstallShield Wizard Reboot dialog box appears.
- To complete the installation and reboot your machine, click Reboot Now.
- To exit the installer and reboot your machine later, click Reboot Later. TT recommends rebooting your machine prior to operating Algo SE.