Exploring Your Environment
If you have not yet done so, before addressing any security-related issues on a system, you must identify what needs to be protected. Consider the following questions:
- What are you trying to protect?
- What valuable asset might be lost (for example, equipment, data, or the ability to conduct business)?
- From whom are you protecting it?
- What cost are you willing to spend?
- How hard are hackers willing to work to get into your system?
If you can answer these questions, you go a long way toward identifying and solving potential security problems.
This chapter does not discuss standard network security. Instead, it focuses on security and how it relates to TT and trading while using TT products.
To better prevent damage or theft of hardware, software, and/or files:
- Situate your TT Gateway servers in a secure building or room with limited access
- Limit network access to your TT servers
- According to your company's established security policies, restrict the distribution of Windows and TT login information for the TT Gateway