Using Advanced Slop
Advanced Slop lets you create an unlimited number of adjustable ranges and set an inside and outside Slop level for each range in each leg of the spread. This lets you define a more specific setting based on the price movements and characteristics of each individual spread.
For example, when you are working close to the inside market, you can set your Advanced Slop to reprice your outright leg with each price update. Likewise, when working away from the inside market, you can set Advanced Slop to reprice your outright leg less frequently.
Note: The Adjustable Range field in column 1 uses the current inside market of the spread and cannot be edited. In subsequent columns, the Adjustable Range lets you define ranges in the spread where more Slop settings take effect. To define a spread range, use spread prices to set the number of price levels away from the best Bid or Offer.
To use Advanced Slop
- Create a spread or launch an existing spread.
- In the Autospreader Configuration dialog
box, expand Messaging Controls and click the Advanced
- Click the Settings drop-down icon.
The Adj. Range field indicates the spread price at which the Slop settings take effect. Column 1 uses the current inside market of the spread and cannot be edited.
Each leg has its own individual Advanced Slop settings. Rather than setting Slop for the entire spread, as you do with Basic Slop, you can set unlimited Slop ranges for one or all of the legs in your spread.
- Set the Inside and Outside Slop under column 1.
- Click Add Level.
- In the Adj. Range field, type the spread price at which the next Slop settings take effect.
- Set the Inside and Outside Slop under column 2.
- Repeat steps 5-7 as needed.
- Click OK when you have set all advanced slop levels.
- Repeat steps 3-9 for each leg in which you want to define Slop.