The Payup Ticks settings in the MD Trader Spread Pane side-bar let you enter and apply Payup Ticks to a working Autospreader order. Payup Tick values can be between -9999 and 9999. Generally, a positive value is more aggressive and may prevent you from getting legged; whereas a negative value moves away from the market and submits a hedge order that may not get filled, but may result in a better spread price.
Overview of Payup Ticks in the Side-Bar:
- When in use, the Payup Ticks in the side-bar override the Payup Ticks setting on the Autospreader Configuration window.
- Payup Ticks are applied
to all legs of the spread using the Autospreader MD Trader side-bar
while the spread is working.
The following figure shows a single value applied to all legs:
- A single Payup Tick value can be applied to the individual legs
of the spread using the Autospreader MD Trader side-bar while the
spread is working.
The following figure shows different Payup values applied to individual legs:
Payup Tick Setup Tasks
Follow these procedures to use payup ticks:
To configure Payup Ticks in Autospreader:
- From the Control Panel, click the Window menu and choose Autospreader.
- or -
From the Control Panel, click the icon.
The Autospreader Manager dialog box appears.
- Launch an existing spread
or click New to create a new
The Autospreader Configuration dialog box appears.
- Click the side-bar tab on the Spread Pane.
The Autospreader side-bar window appears.
- Select a contract to configure Payup Ticks.
The value of your Payup Tick for the function key and corresponding leg is set but can be altered as you view the market in Autospreader.
- Click the double-arrows to close the side-bar window.
To use Payup Ticks:
- From the Autospreader Configuration dialog box, click Hedging Properties
- Set the number of Payup Ticks you want to use with each function key.
- Choose the leg pane that will use the Payup Ticks.
Payup Ticks Example
The Autospreader side-bar lets you enter and apply Payup Ticks to a working Autospreader order.
In this example: