You can type a formula into any cell in Autotrader that uses numeric values. These cells include:
- The Scratch section. Use when your Profile Base Price is set to Direct Order Entry.
- The Profile Parameters section in the grid.
- Any numeric cell in the Profile Setup Page. (e.g., offsets, quantities, allowances, maximum position, and market improve limit)
- Any cell in the Theo Prices or Formula sections.
Warning! Do not use formulas with ticks. If you need to offset your values by ticks (i.e., =mbidprc-3), use the offset functionality on the Profile Setup Page.
To enter formulas in Autotrader:
Note: If entering a formula in the Formula section in Autotrader, see Using Formulas for the proper procedure.
- Click the cell for which you want to generate a dynamic value.
- Type the formula using the standard program syntax and information. (See Types of Formulas)
- Begin the formula with an equal sign: =
- Use the Autotrader Formula Operators to generate mathematically derived values.
- If you need to reference a cell:
Reference cells in the same row by their column name (e.g., wBidPrc, sBidPrc, etc.)
- or -
Reference cells in other rows by the column letter followed with no space by the row number or row name. (see the Row Identifier or Control Sections respectively)
Note: Enable Column Headers using the Select Rows option in the Autotrader™ Using the Autotrader Context Menu.
- Exit the cell.
Once you type the formula and exit the cell, Autotrader begins to generate values for that cell.
You have successfully entered formulas in Autotrader.