Configuring a User as a FIX Adapter Client
The FIX Adapter client user is a standard user that is configured to connect to a TT FIX Adapter server. The FIX Adapter server determines which gateway logins the clients use to connect the TT FIX Adapters.
Note: Before configuring a FIX Adapter client user, make sure a TT administrator has created a TT FIX Adapter Server.
Assigning a FIX Client to a FIX Adapter Server
To configure a FIX client user:
- Create a user. Refer to Creating a New User, if needed.
- Enable broker permissions as needed. See Enabling and Disabling Broker Permissions for additional details.
- Select the user and then open the Set Fix Adapter Permissions section
of the detail pane.
- Check the FIX Adapter User option and select one or more FIX Adapter Servers.
- If debug messages generated by the Price Server should be logged to the log files, check the Price Debug Logging option.
Note: You can assign multiple users to a FIX Server from the FIX Adapter View under the Users section of the detail pane.
Choosing Gateways for a Drop Copy FIX Client User
For Drop Copy FIX Clients you can select the gateways that FA_DC_CL should be able access. By default the user can access all gateways.
To Choose the Gateways to which the FIX Client Can Connect:
- In the User View window, select the FIX Client.
- In the detail pane, expand the View/Set Exchange Access section.
- Set the exchange access to View Only Admin. By default the FIX Client will connect to all TT Gateways.
- Uncheck any gateways that the FIX client should not access.
- Click the Save icon for the FIX User.