Configuring a Multiple NIC Setup
For UMDF connections, the BVMF recommends that you set up your BVMF Gateway on a dual-NIC machine with:
- One NIC facing the customer’s local network
- One or more NICs facing BVMF’s network that contains the UMDF price distribution.
BVMF recommends that you do not place your BVMF Gateway behind a firewall.
Routing UMDF Feeds Using Multiple BVMF-Facing NICs
When connecting to the UMDF platform, customers can set up their BVMF Gateway so that multiple NICs (two or more) face the BVMF’s network. Using this physical setup, customers can then route UMDF feeds over specific NIC IP addresses.
By default the MulticastGroup.cfg file splits each channel into two feeds: A and B, which is ideal for two BVMF-facing NICs (one to support Feed A and the other to support Feed B). However, you must edit the file if you:
- Use more than two BVMF-facing NICs and want to create more than two UMDF feeds.
- Want to maintain two feeds but name them something other than A and B.
To route UMDF Feeds using multiple BVMF-Facing NICs:
- Identify BVMF-facing NIC IP Addresses.
- Create a unique label (e.g., A, B, C, D) for each NIC IP address.
- Using Notepad, open hostinfo.cfg located in <root drive>:ttconfig.
- In the [PriceServer] section,
on a unique line, configure NetworkInterfaceFeed*=IP
- * is the unique label you assigned the IP address. If you only use two BVMF-facing NICs, assign the first parameter A and the second parameter B.
- IP is the IP address of the NIC through which you want to assign one or more UMDF feeds
- Repeat Step 4 for each BVMF-facing NIC.
- If you only use two NICs and use feed labels A and B, stop this procedure; otherwise, continue to the next step.
- If you have more than two BVMF-facing NICs or want to use feed labels other than A and B, do the following: Using Notepad, open the MulticastGroup.cfg located in <root drive>:ttconfig.
- In each [BVMF_<multicast
group>] section, edit the AddressFeed* parameters
to include the new feed labels that you created.
Including the feed label in parameter name routes that feed through the network interface assigned to that feed in Step 4.
Example - Dual BVMF Exchange-Facing NICs Setup
To configure two BVMF-facing NICs with the addresses 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, open HostInfo.cfg and configure the following two parameters in the [PriceServer] section:
The TT Gateway routes all data received from IP addresses listed in AddressFeedA in MulticastGroup.cfg through the NIC with IP address 22.214.171.124. The TT Gateway routes all data received from IP addresses listed in AddressFeedB in MulticastGroup.cfg through the NIC with IP address 126.96.36.199.