Installing via the Graphical User Interface
Before you Install
Depending on the environment of the machine on which you install the TT Gateway, you may receive several informative or question prompt boxes. If a task discusses such a prompt box, and you do not receive the prompt box, skip to the next step.
Installing the TT Gateway Software
To install the CFE Gateway
- Run the CFE Gateway setup.
The License Agreement dialog box displays.
- Read the End User License Agreement.
- To accept the license agreement and continue
with the installation, select the box next to I accept the terms in the license
agreement and click Next.
The Setup Type dialog box may appear with the option to Install Now or Customize:
If this is the first TT product installed on this machine, the Install Now option installs the CFE Gateway to the c:tt directory by default.
If the installation detects previously installed TT products, the Install Now option installs the CFE Gateway in the same directory as your other TT products.
- To install the CFE Gateway into the default directory, select Install Now and click Next. Skip to step this step.
- To install the CFE Gateway in a custom directory, select Customize and continue with the step below.
- The Customize Destination Folders dialog box appears:
- Select Browse and navigate to the location you want to install the CFE Gateway.
- Click Next.
The Browse for aconfig.xml dialog box appears.
- If this is the first TT product on you TT Trading System, continue with next Step.
- If you provide an aconfig.xml file, go to .
- You must supply the aconfig.xml
file that you use sot hat the install package updates it with new
Gateway Exchange names.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the location of your aconfig.xml file.
- Double-click the file, and then click Next.
A Question prompt appears asking you whether you want to continue.
- Click Yes.
Your CFE Gateway installs with its customized aconfig.xml. For information on how the TT system replicates aconfig.xml across your TT system, refer to the TT Gateway Architecture System Administration Manual Version 7.X.
- The Available Exchange Names dialog
box displays with a list of CFE flavors (i.e., Exchange-Flavors).
Click the Exchange-Flavor that you want your TT Gateway to display in Guardian. Select the same Exchange-Flavor that is listed on the TT license file.
To trade on the TT Gateway, traders must log into this TT Gateway Exchange-Flavor. This Exchange-Flavor appears in Guardian’s tree of exchanges.
- Click Next.
- The InstallShield
Wizard Complete dialog box appears.
To complete the installation and reboot your machine, click Reboot Now.
To exit the installer and reboot your machine later, click Reboot Later. TT recommends rebooting your machine prior to operating the CFE Gateway.