Preparing to Install
Before the CFE Gateway is installed, the customer must perform the following tasks:
- Obtain the host server IP addresses, associated passwords, and connection ports. CFE distributes this information in a separate document (or e-mail). You must obtain one set of connection information for each Order Router or customer membership that uses the CFE Gateway.
- For circuit sizing (network bandwidth) between your network and the CFE host, refer to the CFE specifications.
- Confirm that all network routes to the exchange work from the CFE Gateway server.
- Obtain the IP address that CFE defines for your TT Gateway. You must use this IP address as the NATed address if you are using a NAT firewall.
- For each connection to the exchange, obtain the UserID from CFE.
Consider the following when installing a CFE Gateway:
As the installer, you must perform the following tasks before installing the CFE Gateway:
- If you have TT products of Version 7.X already installed on the network, you must obtain the aconfig.xml file from one of the machines that hosts the 7.X software. This can be from any 7.X machine on your network.
- Identify the products to which the customer’s memberships want to subscribe. Use this information to configure product subscriptions in the [PriceServer] section of the hostinfo.cfg file. Refer to Section: [PriceServer].
- Obtain all membership connection information for memberships that use the CFE Gateway. CFE distributes these values to their customers. Refer to HostInfo.cfg for a list of all needed values.