Configuring the Trading Environment
After installing the TT Gateway, you must perform the following procedures:
- Stop all TT-related services.
- Configure Exchange-Flavorhostinfo.cfg (referred to throughout simply as the hostinfo.cfg file) and edit the ttchron.ini file.
- The Eris/GovEx Gateway uses pMerge to populate product and tick tables.
- Configure time zone settings in aconfig_local.xml. Do not modify any other aconfig default settings without first contacting your local TAM.
TT recommends that no more than twenty direct traders connect to the exchange through any one TT Gateway.
Stopping TT-Related Services
Before configuring the TT Gateway, you must stop all TT-related services.
To stop Services:
- From the Start menu, point
and click Control Panel.
The Control Panel opens.
- Double-click Administrative
The Administrative Tools window displays.
- Double-click Services.
The Services window displays.
- Scroll through the Services box to locate TT Chron.
- Right-click TT Chron, and then click Stop.
- If there are any other TT Services running, you must stop them as well. One at a time, right-click the TT service, and then click Stop.
- After you have stopped all TT services, close the Services and Administrative Tools windows.
Located in <root drive>:ttconfig, all services in the ttchron.ini file must be set with the correct startup and shutdown times. For information and restrictions on configuring ttchron.ini, refer to the TT Gateway Architecture SAM Version 7.X.
On the Eris/GovEx Gateway, Order Routers are threads managed by the Order Server. The ttchron.ini file does not have an Order Router section.
The following warnings apply to the Eris/GovEx Gateway startup and the use of ttchron.ini on the Eris/GovEx Gateway:
To edit the ttchron.ini file:
- Verify the Price Server start
This setting ensures that the Eris/GovEx Gateway captures the correct product listings. If the Price Server starts after the exchange starts broadcasting products, the Eris/GovEx Gateway can have incorrect products listings.
- Verify the daily Order Server stop time.
- Use this information to determine the correct
startup times for all Eris/GovEx Gateway processes. Since the Eris can
change its trading hours at any time, specific startup times are
not included in this document. The times provided in the ttchron.ini file are
representative of the current exchange startup times. Unless otherwise
informed by TT or Eris, do not change these times.
Call the CSC or your TAMs for correct startup times to use in ttchron.ini.
The Eris/GovEx Gateway installs with the pMerge executable. During installation, this executable runs automatically to set up and configure the Eris’s product and tick tables that the TT Gateway requires. Additionally, when you upgrade a Eris/GovEx Gateway, pMerge.exe runs automatically to merge pre-existing product tables with any product tables distributed with the new TT Gateway software.
For instructions on using pMerge, refer to pMerge.