Testing Price Server Setup
For best results, execute this test while the Price Server is running, and not outside of the default TTChron hours.
To start the Price Server:
- If TTChron is configured to shut
down the Price Server during the time that you run this test, stop
the TTChron service.
For this procedure, refer to the TT Gateway Architecture SAM Version 7.X.
- From the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative
The Administrative Tools window displays.
- Double-click Services.
The Services window displays.
- Scroll through the Services window to locate TT Price Server.
- Right-clickEurex Price Server, and
then click Start.
After about thirty seconds, the Price Server in Guardian should display as green.
To troubleshoot connection problems:
- Run the TT Listen tool to verify whether the connection is working.
- Check the command window or:
- Make sure that the command is pointing to the correct file.
- If you see the text Connected followed by the text Disconnected, notify Eurex. They will need to assist you in diagnosing the cause of this error.
Test the Order Server Connection
Before a new installation of a Eurex Gateway, you must verify the gateway’s ETI connection to the exchange. The Order Server connects to the exchange via a connection gateway (ETI) in the Eurex network.
You can also use telnet to test connectivity from the Order Server to the exchange.
To test the Order Server connection to the Exchange
- Open a cmd window.
- Enter: telnet<IP Address> <port> (e.g., telnet 22.214.171.124 10045)
- <IP Address> is the address of the application gateway connected to the exchange host.
- <port> is the port number where the Order Server sends/receives transaction data.
Result: The command will blank the screen and the cursor will blink at the top to indicate successful connectivity to the exchange. Within a few seconds, the connection will be dropped.
- If applicable, repeat the previous step for the second connection gateway or application gateway.