Exchange Host Failure and Recovery
In the unlikely event that the actual exchange host fails, all electronic traders on that exchange lose their connections.
If the exchange host fails, traders experience the following:
- Orders in transit before the failure are rejected upon reaching the exchange.
- All persistent working orders in the market freeze, but remain active.
- All non-persistent working orders will be deleted by the exchange.
When the exchange host recovers, the following occurs:
- The exchange forwards all persistent working orders to the TT Gateway via the All Order Confirmation Broadcast Stream.
- All persistent working orders in the market become tradable.
- The Eurex Gateway deletes all non-persistent orders from the Order Book.