Preparing to Upgrade
Gateway upgrades from 7.14.x to 7.16.9 or higher must be incremental. Refer to the TT Eurex Gateway 7.16.9 Release Notes before upgrading to this version.
Prior to upgrading, please review the following:
- Ensure that you simultaneously upgrade both Eurex Gateways in a redundant gateway pair to the same version.
- To support current functionality, TT recommends upgrading your X_TRADER® workstations to Version 7.9.2 or higher.
When upgrading to TT Eurex Gateway 7.15.0 or higher, you must manually update your SERVICE_A and SERVICE_B sections using the master files as a reference. The Price Server will not start if these sections are not updated in your existing hostinfo.cfg file.
You can upgrade to a higher version of the Eurex Gateway by running the installation package on the same machine.
Prior to running the installation package, the user must manually stop all TT Gateway services.
Running the installation package automatically stops the following TT-related processes: TT Chron, SNMP, TT Guardian, TT Guardian Server, TT Guardian Control, TTMRD, and TTMD.
Failure to stop all services causes the installer to log the following message in the installation logfile:
Error: Service <ServiceName> failed to stop. Please shutdown all TT applications and then re-launch this install.
If this message appears, you must manually stop the service(s) and restart the Eurex Gateway setup.
Backing Up Audit Files
If upgrading intraday, you must backup and rename the Audit File which was created that day. Audit Files are version specific. Due to potential changes, TT strongly recommends that you backup and rename the day’s Audit File. This allows the upgraded TT Gateway to create a new version of the day’s Audit File and avoid any potential errors.
Audit Files that contain content from multiple TT Gateway versions cannot be converted with the Audit Convert tool.
Failure to begin a new file when upgrading the TT Gateway results in an ‘Unknown record type’ error message and potentially lost data.
TT strongly recommends that you backup and rename the day’s Audit File if upgrading intraday.
Upgrade Considerations: Eurex T7
When upgrading to Eurex Gateway 7.16.9 or higher, consider the following:
- Only end-of-day upgrades are supported.
- If upgrading from Eurex Gateway 7.14.x, you must do the
- Perform an intermediate upgrade to Eurex Gateway 7.15.x-7.16.2.
- Ensure that the Order Server completely initializes.
- Perform the subsequent upgrade to Eurex Gateway 7.16.9.
- GTC and GTDate orders will be preserved when upgrading TT software, but will be deleted by the exchange when the corresponding product (e.g., FESX) migrates from the old platform to the T7 platform.
- Eurex Gateway 7.16.9 and higher displays a decimal place on strike prices for options and strategy contracts (e.g., ODAX Dec12 C62.50). Previous versions of the gateway did not display the exercise price decimals sent by the exchange (e.g., ODAX Dec12 C6250). Refer to the Eurex Gateway 7.16.9 Release Notes and CA145 https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/support/advisories/2012/12/CA145-12/-12 for a complete list of impacts to your trading environment as a result of this change.
- After upgrading to 7.16.9, the following applications must be restarted prior to the next trading sessions if they connect to Eurex Gateways:
- FIX Adapter
- Algo Strategy Engine
- Autospreader® Strategy Engine
- Synthetic Strategy Engine
- Trade Tracker
- Back Office Bridge™
TT recommends that you upgrade Eurex Gateways to 7.16.9 after the close on Friday and prior to the start of the Monday trading session, as the above-listed applications can be easily restarted without impacting production trading.
After an upgrade to Eurex Gateway 7.16.9 or higher to support T7, you need to make the following configuration changes:
- To configure ETI and EMDI connectivity in your existing hostinfo.cfg file, add the ETI ([OrderServerSession_1]) and EMDI ([priceserver]) sections using the master file as a reference.
- In your existing ttchron.ini file, add the FIXML OTC Router section using the master file as a reference. Refer to Working with Master Files.
- Configure the Windows hosts file for OTC orders. Refer to Configuring the Windows hosts file.
- Enable the Limit On Close (LOC) order type by setting the AConfig.Core.Server.Exchange-Specific.[Gateway Flavor].GAL.Supported-Restriction-Codes parameter to 98 via the AConfig Utility. First time installations contain this setting by default.
- For FIX Adapters that connect to Eurex Gateways, the Standard Time Bias and Daylight Saving Time Bias settings in the FACT UTC Time Biases table should be changed to 00:00:00 prior to restarting FIX Adapter after the upgrade to Eurex Gateway 7.16.9.
When upgrading, you must do the following:
- Ensure that you configure ttchron.ini so that all Order Servers startup before 7:30 AM CET (Frankfurt Time) to prepare the Eurex Gateway for pre-open.
- After the upgrade installation is complete, use the Master Files to update the appropriate configuration files as listed in Working with Master Files.
- After upgrading, set the Base Tick and Point Value fields in Guardian to Exchange Controlled.
- After an upgrade to Eurex Gateway 7.16.9, rename the <Exchange_flavor>_mode_orders.tbl and <Exchange_flavor>_mode_orders.tbl.bak files
respectively in the <drive:>ttdatfiles directory.
After an upgrade to 7.16.9, the ETI Order Server will remove these files prior to startup. In order to preserve the old files for any reason (e.g., GTC orders are still working at the exchange), you need to rename these files prior to starting the ETI Order Server.
Upgrading your TT Gateway
To Upgrade the TT Gateway
- Run the Eurex Gateway setup on the
The Confirm Major Upgrade Screen appears.
- Select Yes to
continue with the upgrade.
The License Agreement dialog box displays.
- Read the End User License Agreement.
- To accept the license agreement and continue
with the installation, select the box next to I accept the terms in the license
agreement and click Next.
The setup program begins installing the Eurex Gateway including all associated components (TTM, Guardian, TTChron, etc.). When the upgrade completes, the InstallShield Wizard Completed dialog box appears.
- Select Finish to exit the install. You can update your existing configuration files as described in Working with Master Files.
Working with Master Files
The TT Eurex Gateway Version installs with three hostinfo.cfg master files.
To help accurately update your configuration files during upgrades, Eurex Gateways install with the following templateMaster files located in the <root drive>:ttExchange-Flavor folder (e.g., C:ttEurex-A).
- Products-Hostinfo.cfg_master (where Products equals CFTC, EquityOptions and EurexNoEquityOptions).
- Products-inclusion.cfg_master files (where Products equals CFTC, EquityOptions and EurexNoEquityOptions).
The master files contain updated settings and parameters for the upgraded version of the TT Gateway. When upgrading, the Eurex Gateway retains your previous configuration settings. After installing, you can update your configuration file by copying the relevant changes from the Master file to your existing configuration file. Refer to the following procedure.
To update your existing configuration files by using the Master Files as reference:
- Open both the existing configuration file and the related Master File.
- Copy changes from the Master File and paste into the relevant sections of the original configuration file.
- Make the necessary configuration changes to the updated file.
- Save your changes and close both files.
Verify Guardian Product Table Settings
The exchange controls certain parameters in the product table, so these parameters should not be placed under administrator control. You can use the override function on the Guardian product Table to display the Setup Product Table Items dialog box and review these settings.
Customers with an MPF environment must ensure that Base Tick, Currency, Point Value, Price Format, Round Lot, and Tick Table are listed in the Exchange column for all MPF price servers and mapped gateways.
To Verify Guardian Product Table Settings:
- Open Guardian
- Click File and select Admin Login to login as an administrator.
- Click Admin and select Product Table Setup.
- In the Exchange list, click the drop-down menu icon and select a Eurex Gateway.
- Click Override.
- In the Setup Product Table Items dialog box that is displayed, verify the following:
- If any items need to be moved to the Exchange column, select the item and click the arrow key. Click OK.
- If any changes were made, click Publish.
End of procedure.