Price Server Telnet Session
Eurex Gateways include an Price Server Telnet Session. This session can assist Technical Account Managers (TAMs) in troubleshooting a variety of market data issues by providing information specific to the local Price Server’s behavior.
The Telnet Session functions by listening to the IP and Port on the local machine which the Price Server resides.
Due to an increase in activity, the Price Server Telnet Session may impact performance.
Enabling the Price Server Telnet Session
To use the Price Server Telnet Session:
- Ensure that the Price Server is active and receiving market data from the exchange.
- Verify that the Exchange-flavorhostinfo.cfg file
is configured with accurate IP address and port information in the
- TCPConsolePort: Sets the port number the Price Server uses to receive market data. By default, Eurex Gateways install with TCPConsolePort=25006.
- TCPConsoleInterface: Sets the Price Server’s local IP address. When set with no value, Eurex Gateways behave as if TCPConsoleInterface=127.0.0.1 (i.e., the localhost or loopback IP address).
You should only change these values if port 25006 is not available or if you want to specify a particular IP address on a machine with multiple NIC cards.
- Open a Command Window.
- Type: Telnet IP
IP equals 127.0.0.1 on a single NIC machine or the IP address of a specific NIC card
Port equals 25006 or an available port as configured in the Exchange-flavorhostinfo.cfg file.
- The Price Server Telnet Session menu appears.
Price Server Telnet Session Options
The table below shows the various options available through the Price Server Telnet Session:
Quit: exits the Telnet interface
Message logging: Allows you to enable and disable various types of log data written to the PriceServer.log file. This command offers the following options:
Enabling logging may impact performance. You should only enable logging to diagnose market data issues.
Contract index: Returns the contract index numbers of the exchange’s single leg contracts.
Contract index dump: Allows you to create a mini-dump of all Price Server processes to a datfile. You can specify any file or use the default file location (<root drive>:ttdatfiles<cntr_indx>.txt).
Contract index size: Returns the number of defined single leg contracts.
Lookup contract index: Returns the contract index based on the series key and product type.
series price: Returns the series price for a particular index.
product table item: Returns product table data for a particular product name and type.
subscriptions: Returns a list of currently subscribed products based on the inclusion list or All if inclusion_file=All in the Exchange-flavorhostinfo.cfg file.
products: Returns a list of exchange configured product groupings.
channels: Returns the user defined groupings configured in the Exchange-flavorhostinfo.cfg file.
throughput: Sets the throughput level (message frequency) when recording market data.
help: Returns a list of available Price Server Telnet options.
If the Telnet Session menu fails to display, check the following:
- The Price Server must be receiving data on the multicast set by reference_multicast and reference_port parameters in the Exchange-flavorhostinfo.cfg file. You must set these to the correct simulation or production multicasts.
- When using a single NIC card, TT recommends leaving the TCPConsoleInterface parameter equal to no value.