Preparing to Install
Before the Fenics Gateway is installed, perform the following tasks:
- Obtain the host server IP addresses, associated passwords, and connection ports. Fenics may distribute this information in a separate document (or e-mail). You must obtain one set of connection information for each Order Router or customer membership that uses the Fenics Gateway.
- For circuit sizing (network bandwidth) between your network and the exchange host, refer to the BGC Fenics UST platform specifications.
- Confirm that all network routes to the exchange work from the Fenics Gateway server.
- Obtain the IP address that the exchange defines for your TT Gateway. You must use this IP address as the NATed address if you are using a NAT firewall.
When performing any of the Fenics Gateway installation tasks, you must be logged into the gateway server as an Administrator.
As the installer, you must perform the following tasks before installing the Fenics Gateway:
- If you have TT products of Version 7.X already installed on the network, you must obtain the aconfig.xml file from one of the machines that hosts the 7.X software. This can be from any 7.X machine on your network.
- Identify the products to which the customer’s memberships want to subscribe. Use this information to configure product subscriptions in the [PriceServer] section of the Hostinfo.cfg file. Refer to Configuring the Price Server.
- Obtain all membership connection information for memberships that use the Fenics Gateway. Fenics distributes these values to their customers. Refer to Obtaining Exchange Credentials.
Before you Install
You must be logged into the gateway server with Administrator rights when performing any of the Fenics Gateway installation tasks.
If you previously installed TT software on your machine, the Fenics Gateway software automatically installs to the same location.
Also, depending upon the environment of the machine on which you install the TT Gateway, you may receive several informative or question prompt boxes. If a task discusses such a prompt box, and you do not receive the prompt box, skip to the next step.
During an installation, the Fenics Gateway installs the following software packages, which can be uninstalled using the Add or Remove Programs dialog box:
- Fenics Gateway Components (includes standard TT Gateway files and utilities)
- TT Chron
- TT Messaging (TTM Only)
Installation and Upgrade Requirements
GMEX Gateways support two types of installation procedures:
- GUI Interface Installation: Provides dialog boxes that guide the user through the installation process. Recommended when installing the Fenics Gateway on a small number of servers.
- Command Line Installation: Provides command line entries to automate the installation process. Recommended when performing multiple unattended installations on a large number of servers.
You can combine both types of installations.
Depending on the implementation, the command line installation can suppress some or all of the dialog boxes that appear during the GUI install. You can use the command line to automate similar install choices, then run the GUI install to customize unique options.
Regardless of the installation method, when adding a new TT Gateway flavor to your trading environment, you must restart TT User Setup before the new flavor will appear.