Install: Installing the TT FIX Adapter Software
When to use this approach
Use this procedure when installing TT FIX Adapter on a machine that contains no TT software.
How to install TT FIX Adapter on a machine with no TT software
To install TT FIX Adapter on a clean machine:
the TT FIX Adapter setup package.
Note: If Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later is not installed on the system, a prompt box appears reminding you to install it before using FACT to configure the adapter.
The License Agreement dialog appears.
- Read the License Agreement.
- To accept the License Agreement and continue installing the TT FIX Adapter,
select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
The Setup Type dialog box appears.
From this dialog box, you can:
- Install the TT FIX Adapter software into the default TT software directory (C:tt).
- Customize the directory into which you install the TT FIX Adapter software.
- To install the software in the default directory (C:tt), click Install Now, and skip to Step .
- To install the software in a different directory, click Customize.
The Destination Folder dialog box appears.
- Click Browse.
The Change Current Destination Folder dialog box appears.
- Do one of the following:
- Navigate to and select the desired destination directory.
- In the Folder name field, type the full pathname for the installation directory.
- In the Setup Type dialog box, click Next.
- Click OK.The Enter FIX Adapter Configuration
Name dialog box appears.
- In the Enter Adapter Name field, type the name for the TT FIX Adapter; then
click Next.For name restrictions, see TT FIX Adapter naming restrictions.
Note: The installation script automatically places two shortcuts on your Windows desktop:
- nameAdapter.exe, for the TT FIX Adapter executable
- FACT.exe, for the TT FIX Adapter Configuration Tool
- Several progress dialogs appear as base TT software is installed.
Then, the following prompt box appears.
- Click OK.The FACT () and TT FIX Adapter () icons appear on the desktop, and the Restart
System dialog box appears.
- Click Reboot Now or Reboot Later, as appropriate.