Transfer FMDSto a New Server
At some point it may be necessary to transfer your FMDS and all its data archives to a new server. Perform the following steps in order to recreate your existing FMDS on a new server.
To transfer FMDS to a new server:
- Stop the Feed and Responder on your existing FMDS server. Refer to Starting and Stopping your Feed and Responder.
- Install FMDS on the new server class machine. If it's a brand new install of FMDS, you'll need to add a TT_FMDS user to TT User Setup, install the latest FMDS package, and then set up FMDS.cfg using the FMC (FMDS management console ). Refer to the what's new section regarding a TT_FMDS user. If you're transferring an existing FMDS to a new server, the TT_FMDS user should already exist and all that needs to be done is to install the FMDS package and continue with the following steps.
- Configure Guardian and FMDS the same as the old server.
- Stop the Feed and Responder on the new FMDS server.
- Copy the following from
the old server and paste it in the same location on the new server:
- The entire folder <rootdrive>:\\tt\datfiles\fmdssafe
- The following files located at <rootdrive>:\\tt\config:
- Start the Feed and Responder on the new server. Refer to Starting and Stopping your Feed and Responder.
You successfully transferred FMDS to a new server.