Troubleshooting FIXML Sessions
FIXML Session Connectivity Failure
A common connectivity issue is when the gateway fails to connect to the Eurex FIXML Clearing Interface and writes the following message to the FIXML Listener logfile:
17.01.2013 16:20:06.773 | 11060 | INFO | 10082990 | Ses.ENSLO_TTGXVFOBBDEFIX5 | Establishing an AMQP connection for member ENSLO via amqp:ssl:ecag-fixml-simu1.deutsche-boerse.com:1017017.01.2013 16:20:06.811 | 11060 | WARNING | 10082991 | Ses.ENSLO_TTGXVFOBBDEFIX5 | Failed to open the AMQP connection: The specified network password is not correct. (c:tt-deveurex_os_7_16middlewareqpid.14devsrcqpidclientwindowssslconnector.cpp:185)
Verifying the FIXML Session Password
The most likely cause of connectivity failure is an incorrect password configured for the FIXML session. Specifically, the password used for configuring the client_certificate_password parameter in hostinfo.cfg for the gateway’s FIXML connection does not match the password created when exporting the private certificate.
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- At the cmd prompt, type and
enter: pk12util -l
<filename>.p12 -W <certificate file password>
Result: If the password is correct, the certificate displays on the screen.
If the password is incorrect, the following messages appear.
pk12util: PKCS12 decode not verified: The security password entered is incorrect.
pk12util: PKCS12 decode not verified: security library: improperly formatted DER-encoded message.
- If the certificate password is correct, use this password to reconfigure the client_certificate_password parameter in hostinfo.cfg.
- If the certificate password is incorrect:
- Obtain the password entered for the client_certificate_password parameter in hostinfo.cfg and use it to recreate the private key file.
- Recreate the private key file by entering: pk12util -d <certificate directory> -n <certificate name> -o <filename>.p12 -W <client_certificate_password from hostinfo.cfg>