Rebuilding X_TRADER workspaces on the migration weekend
Step 1 - Friday 17th March/Saturday 18th March (after you have stopped trading):
Note: You do not have to close your Order Book, Fills Window, Position Window, etc.
You can now go back to your old workspace, and continue trading.
- Delete all working orders.
- Open current workspace in X_TRADER.
- In the control panel, click File | Save As and enter new workspace name “new NTP workspace”.
- Delete all SFE contracts from the Market Grid, close MD Traders, charts, Spread Matrix, Time and Sales, and Alerts Manager.
- In the control panel, click File | Save to save your workspace.
Step 2 - Saturday 18th March 10:15am - 4pm or Monday 20th morning:
- Log in to X_TRADER.
- Go to control panel | File | open workspace | select new NTP workspace.
- Re-populate your workspace:
- In the control panel, click File | open > Example NTP workspace
- From control panel | Window | Market Explorer: find contracts, drag into Market Grid. Or re-open as MD Trader, charts, Spread Matrix, Time and Sales, and Alerts Manager.
- Update your order defaults:
- In the control panel, click Settings | Order Defaults and update ‘Product’ field from SFE SFE XX to SFE XX.
- Change any MLM order type to Limit.
- Update 'OrderGW Alias' from SFE to SFE-C if required.
- Rebuild your Autospreaders:
- In the control panel, click Window | Autospreader to open the Autospreader configuration page.
- In the Contract field, update to new contracts.
- Save and add into any Market Grid or open MD Traders as necessary.
- Rebuild Algos (do one of the following):
- From control panel | Window | ADL Design Lab, update any ‘static’ instrument blocks to new contracts, save and re-deploy algo.
- From control panel | Window | ADL Dashboard, update variable to read the new contract.
- Reset your Excel RTD links:
- Right-click | Links | RTD and paste into Excel.
Other things I need to do:
- Re-submit any GTC, GTD or Synthetic SE orders.
- If you want to trade new bank bill butterfly contracts, ask your Risk Administrator to set risk limits for IR Spreads.