Preparing to Install
Contact MX to obtain the following exchange credentials -- you must obtain one set of connection information for each Order Router or customer membership that uses the MX Gateway:
- One SAIL user ID (i.e., MX username) per order routing session
- Exchange IP Address
- Exchange port
- One or more Trader IDs for the SOLA® platform
Before the MX Gateway is installed, the customer must perform the following tasks:
- For circuit sizing (network bandwidth) between your network and the MX host, refer to the MX specifications.
- Confirm that all network routes to the exchange work from the MX Gateway server.
- Obtain the IP address that MX defines for your TT Gateway. You must use this IP address as the NATed address if you are using a NAT firewall.
Consider the following when installing a MX Gateway:
As the installer, you must perform the following tasks before installing the MX Gateway:
- If you have TT products of Version 7.X already installed on the network, you must obtain the aconfig.xml file from one of the machines that hosts the 7.X software. This can be from any 7.X machine on your network.
- Identify the products to which the customer’s memberships want to subscribe. Use this information to configure product subscriptions in the [PriceServer] section of the hostinfo.cfg file. Refer to Section: [PriceServer].
- Obtain all membership connection information for memberships that use the MX Gateway. MX distributes these values to their customers. Refer to HostInfo.cfg for a list of all needed values.