Configuring Order Management
FIX Order Server
The SFE Gateway order server uses the FIX protocol for all messaging to and from the Exchange.
You can establish multiple order routers by configuring multiple FIX order sessions in the hostinfo.cfg file. Each session must contain a unique SessionUserName and SessionPassword.
TT SFE Gateways route orders based on the client login. Orders will be sent through the first order session that contains matching client login information. By default, TT SFE Gateways match the client login information based on the value of the GatewayCompany parameter.
The TT SFE Gateway allows up to 100 FIX sessions per membership. When configuring multiple order sessions, you must adhere to this limit.
|Example Hostinfo.cfg file configured with two order sessions|
Configure multiple order sessions using the procedure listed below.
To configure additional order sessions:
- Open the hostinfo.cfg file.
- Copy the heading and required parameters form the [OrderServerSession].
- Paste the copied text into the hostinfo.cfg file.
- Change the second [OrderServerSession] heading to a unique name (e.g., [OrderServerSession_1] or [OrderServerSession1] ).
- Configure the different IP addresses and GatewayCompany parameters.
- Save and close the hostinfo.cfg.
In order to correctly configure multiple order sessions, ensure that the X_TRADER® member logins equal the GatewayCompany parameter for each corresponding order session.
Using the Member Parameter
When configuring multiple order sessions, you can use the Member parameter to determine which orders route through a particular order session.
When configuring order routing you should note that SFE Gateways route orders based on the client login. Additionally:
- SFE Gateways route orders through the first order session that contains matching client login information.
- By default, SFE Gateways match the client login information based on the value of the GatewayCompany parameter, whose value should match the "M" of users' MGT gateway logins.
- Adding a Member parameter to any order session overrides the GatewayCompany for that session. If an order session contains a Member parameter, only orders submitted with the same membership route through that order session.
- The Member parameter can equal any alphanumeric value from 5 to 11 characters in length.
- If there is a duplicate Member parameter configured on a multi-session TT SFE Gateway, the Order Server will not start. This value must be unique per FIX-based Gateway.
- If there is only one session configured, you do not need to configure Member, as long as the GatewayCompany matches the "M" of the users' SFE Gateway logins.
If you add a Member parameter to every order session, the GatewayCompany no longer serves as the membership credential.
Correct Order Routing
The following example is a possible order routing configuration:
|Example Multiple Order Sessions with one Member parameter|
In this example, orders from traders logged in under Member=NO2 route through [OrderServerSession_1] while traders logged in with Member=GDT route through [OrderServerSession].
Incorrect Order Routing
The following example is a common misconfiguration:
|Example Multiple Order Sessions with identical login information|
This example shows a configuration that is the same as configuring multiple sessions with the same Member value, which causes the Order Server to not start.
A missing Member parameter means that the Member value is the same as the value provided by the GatewayCompany parameter.