Understanding Order Management
Order Feed Behavior
Each individual Order Router (FIX Order Session in the hostinfo.cfg file) creates a distinct FIX Session connection independent of the Price Server.
Order Server Data Flow
The following is a description of order data flow from the Order Server to the exchange host:
- The Order Server connects to SFE using connection information contained in the hostinfo.cfg file.
- The Order Server downloads all order data from ASX.
- X_TRADER® logs into the TT Gateway.
- X_TRADER® submits an order to the Order Server.
- The Order Server sends and ACCEPT/ADD message to the trader’s Audit Trail (in X_TRADER®).
- The Order Server sends the order to the ASX Host.
- Upon receipt, the ASX Host sends an order confirmation back to the Order Server.
- The Order Server sends the order confirmation (as an OK/ADD) to the trader’s Audit Trail in X_TRADER®.
Fill Server Data Flow
The following is a description of fill data flow from the Fill Server to the exchange host:
- The Administrator or TTChron starts the Fill Server. The Fill Server creates the Fill Server logfile and displays as initializing in Guardian.
- The client application connects with the Fill Server and requests position for all logged in traders.
- The Fill Server forwards position information from the bof.tbl file to the client application.
- As traders enter orders, the Fill Server updates the order status in the trader’s Audit Trail.