Exchange Host Failure and Recovery
In the unlikely event that the actual exchange host fails, all electronic traders on that exchange lose their connections.
If the exchange host fails, traders experience the following:
- Orders in transit before the failure are lost.
- The SGX_OTC Gateway’s Order and Price Servers begin cycling (i.e., starting up and shutting down according to the schedule set in ttchron.ini file).
- All orders and fills are stored in Gwname_Mode_orders.tbl.
- Traders lose their connections and cannot trade.
After a failure, TTChron restarts any components scheduled to be running. After a successful restart of the gateway, the following activities occur:
- Fills: SGX_OTC Gateway requests and downloads all successful fills from the exchange. The SGX_OTC Gateway does not download any fill information that has already been received from the exchange.
- Orders: Upon reconnect, traders’ can resume trading. The SGX_OTC Gateway downloads all order information from the exchange. The Order Book will be correctly populated.