Before installing Synthetic SE, consider the following points:
- Synthetic SE must run on a dedicated server-class
machine with a minimum of eight CPU cores.
If your machine has fewer than eight CPU cores, the installation process fails.
- The server on which Synthetic SE runs must have a minimum of Windows Server 2008, Server Pack 2, 64-bit.
- No application-level software other than Synthetic SE should be run on this machine.
- Only one instance of Synthetic SE should be run on this machine.
Installing the TT Software
To install TT Synthetic Strategy Engine:
- Run the Synthetic SE setup.
- Read the End User License Agreement.
- To accept the license agreement and continue
with the installation, select the box next to I accept the terms in the license
agreement and click Next.
- To install Synthetic SE into the default directory, select Install Now and click Next. Skip to step 8.
- To install Synthetic SE in a custom directory, select Customize and continue with the step below.
The Destination Folder dialog box appears:
- Select Change and navigate to the location you want to install Synthetic SE.
- Click Next.
The Browse to aconfig.xml dialog box appears.
- If this is the first TT product on your TT Trading System, continue with Step 6.
- If you provide an aconfig.xml file, skip to this step.
- A Continue Without Providing File prompt appears asking you whether you want to continue.
- Click Yes,
and skip to Step 11.
Your Synthetic SE installs with its customized aconfig.xml. For information on how the TT system replicates aconfig.xml across your TT system, refer to the TT Gateway Architecture SAM 7.X.
- You must supply the aconfig.xml that you
use so that the install package updates it with new gateway exchange
- Click Browse
- Navigate to the location of your aconfig.xml file.
- Double-click the file, and then click Next.
- The Available
Synthetic SE Names dialog box displays with a list
of Synthetic SE flavors.
Click the Exchange-Flavor that you want your Synthetic SE to display in Guardian.
To trade on the TT Gateway, traders must log into this Synthetic SE Exchange-Flavor. This Exchange-Flavor appears in Guardian’s tree of exchanges.
- Click Next.
Depending on your current system setup, the installation script updates or installs the necessary related components, such as Guardian.
The InstallShield Wizard Reboot dialog box appears.
- To complete the installation and reboot your machine, click Reboot Now.
- To exit the installer and reboot your machine later, click Reboot Later. TT recommends rebooting your machine prior to operating Synthetic SE.
Upgrading from 32-Bit to 64-Bit Versions
If you are upgrading from a 32-bit version of Synthetic SE to a 64-bit version of Synthetic SE, use the following procedure.
To upgrade to a 64-bit version:
- Save the contents of the <root>:ttdatfiles directory to a safe location.
- Uninstall all TT software including Synthetic SE Guardian, and TTM.
- Install the 64-bit version of Synthetic SE.
The installation package includes the necessary versions of all required TT software including Guardian and TTM.
- Copy all saved files back to the <root>:ttdatfiles directory.
Moving Persistent Files to Another Server
If you need to move the persistent files to a new server, use the following procedure.
To move persistent files to another server:
- Install Synthetic SE on a new server.
- Start Synthetic SE on the new server, let it run for a few minutes, and then shut it down.
- Copy the contents of the <root>:ttdatfiles directory from the original server to the new server.
- Copy the tt_sse.ini, ttchron.ini, and ttclean.ini files contained in the <root>:ttconfig directory from the original server to the new server.
- Update the value of the "mac" variable located in <root>:ttconfigTT_APPID.ini on the new server to match the value on the original server.