Creating Account Groups
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Create account groups from the Account Groups window, or when assigning an account to an account group.
To create a new account group:
From the User Admin menu, select Account Groups.
From the Account Groups window, click New.
- In the New Account Group window, enter the new account group name into the Group name field.
- In the Group Description field, enter a description, if needed.
- Click Save to save the account group.
- If needed, configure the product limits as described in the Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups topic. When you are ready for the product limits to be applied, check the Apply product limits option. No account or account group risk checking will take place until this option is enabled.
If you want trades submitted with an account in this account group to be rejected, uncheck the Trading allowed option. Otherwise leave the Trading allowed option checked.
Note: Users logging in with Gateway Logins that end in MGR (e.g., TTADM XXX MGR) can delete orders, regardless of whether or not “Trading allowed” is checked for a given account group.
- Select an Avoid orders that cross setting from the drop
down for this account:
- Yes - Reject new
If you select to avoid orders that cross at the account-level, only orders with the same account number are prevented. At the account group level, crossing is prevented for orders that each have accounts within that group.
Note: If Avoid orders that cross is set at the user-level, that setting takes precedence over the account-level setting.
For more details about these settings, refer to Avoid Orders That Cross (Account-level) .
- Configure any gateway-specific margin limits as described in the Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups topic.
- Click Save.
You have successfully created a new account group.
Note: You can also access the Edit Account Group window by clicking Edit Account Group on the Accounts window.
Note: To assign accounts to the account group, refer to the Assigning Accounts to an Account Group topic.