Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
A gateway login (MemberGroupTrader ID) is either an Exchange Trader ID or a TTORD ID.
- Exchange Trader ID: A login assigned in part by the exchange that indicates the user’s membership with the exchange. All traders need an exchange trader ID or must be associated with one to trade with an exchange.
- TTORD ID: A proxy login that allows multiple logins to be mapped to a single exchange membership. It also allows for more configurable order routing and risk limit setups.
Note: Member IDs must be unique in X_TRADER ASP. If you receive a message that another broker company is already using this Member, TT User Setup generates a tooltip with a list of suggested Member IDs to use instead. Please enter a different Member ID.
For more information about defining gateway logins, refer to the TT User Login and Risk Administration Reference Manual.
To assign the MemberGroupTrader ID...
- From the User Admin menu,
select Gateway Logins and
then click New.
Note: You can also create gateway logins from the New User or Edit User window. For more information refer to Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
The New Gateway Login window appears. The Group Permissions tab is available only in non-X_TRADER ASP environments.
- Enter the appropriate ID data in the Member, Group, and Trader fields.
- To support multiple connections
to the same TT Gateway for this user, enter an Alias.
Note: TT recommends configuring an Alias to support multiple login connections to the same gateway. If the Alias field is blank, TT User Setup will generate a four-digit number to be displayed in X_TRADER in order to differentiate your connections on the same TT Gateway.
- When creating Direct Trader gateway logins on certain Gateways (e.g., Eurex, ICE, CBOT, and LIFFE), the Password and Confirm Password fields are enabled because they are required by the exchange. Enter the appropriate password in the fields.
- Click Save and Add New.
If adding a TTORD, the following window appears:
If you’ve upgraded the TT clients and gateways in your trading environment to 7.17, click Yes; you can use the Account Permissions window to restrict a TTORD from trading in certain accounts as needed. Otherwise, an account is required for the TTORD Gateway Login.
- Do one of the following:
- For exchange traders, continue to the Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins topic.
- For TTORDs, continue to
a TTORD to an Exchange Trader topic.
Note: When you enter a TTORD in the Member field, the Map to Exchange Traders button appears automatically. Otherwise the Add Gateways button appears.