Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
TT User Setup supports TT SIM mode trading using existing gateway logins and user profiles. Gateway logins and user profiles are configured as usual, with the following exceptions:
- If you want the credit limit to be higher or lower for TT SIM trading, you can set a different TT SIM credit limit for gateway logins and user profiles. If you do not set a TT SIM credit limit, then non-TT SIM credit limits are used.
- If your existing product limits are configured with wildcards (*), you must configure a new product limit that has a specific product type and product. Users trading in TT SIM mode will not be able to see instruments with product limits that are configured with wildcards.
- If you want the product limits to be different for TT SIM mode trading, you can create a new product limit and specify that it only applies to TT SIM trading. If you do not create a TT SIM Only product limit, TT User Setup will use the existing product limit settings for the instrument.
Allowing a User to Log onto X_TRADER using TT SIM mode
To allow a user to log onto X_TRADER using TT SIM Mode, open the user's profile in TT User Setup and check the TT SIM login allowed checkbox on the Application Permissions tab.
Configuring TT SIM Credit Limits
To configure TT SIM credit limits...
- From the Users window, select
the desired user and then click Edit.To set a different gateway
login credit limit for TT SIM trading:
- Create or edit a gateway login. Refer to Creating a New Gateway Login if needed.
On the Gateway Login Info tab, check the Override credit for TT SIM checkbox and then enter a new credit limit in the TT SIM credit field. Enter 0 to reset the credit to unlimited.
- To set a different user profile credit
limit for TT SIM trading:
- Create or edit a user profile. Refer to Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users if needed.
On the User Risk tab, check the Override credit for TT SIM checkbox and then enter a new credit limit in the TT SIM credit field. Enter 0 to reset the credit to unlimited.
Note: If this user will only be able to trade in TT SIM mode, uncheck the Live (non-TT SIM) login allowed checkbox on the Application Permissions tab.
Configuring TT SIM Product Limits
To add a product limit that applies only to TT SIM trading...
- Create a new product limit. Refer to Creating Product Limits for Gateway Logins if needed.
Check the Use Product Limit for TT SIM only checkbox.
The Additional margin, Maximum order qty, Maximum position, and Maximum long/short fields are highlighted to indicate that the product limit is for TT SIM only.
- Enter the Additional margin, Maximum order qty, Maximum position, and Maximum long/short values as needed. Enter 0 to reset the Maximum... fields to unlimited.
- Click Save and Close the New Product Limit window.