How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
In this tutorial you will learn how to setup a new Group Administrator (AMURPHY). After creating the Group Admin user, you will give the user access to the user group (Chicago) that you will also create. In addition, this tutorial will illustrate how to assign gateway logins to a user group, select the user groups that a group administrator can manage, enable the permission to create direct trader gateway logins, and edit the user group of multiple users.
To set up a group administrator...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup
The Users window appears.
- From the Users window, click New.
The New User window appears.
- On the User
Settings Logintab, enter the appropriate login data,
including Username (e.g. AMURPHY), and any additional data
in the applicable fields.
- Click Save.
- Click the Administrator
Settingstab and select the Group Administration option.
- Ensure the Able to create Direct Trader Gateway Logins option is selected.
- If the group that this administrator
will manage is not in the Available User Groups list, click Create.
The New User Group window appears.
- Enter the Name of a new group
(e.g. Chicago), and click Save.
The new group is added automatically to the Can only manage the following User Groups pane.
Note: If the Default(s) option is checked, any direct traders created by the Group Administrator automatically go into that default group (e.g. Chicago).
- Click Save and then click Close.
- From the Users window,
select (highlight) multiple users and click Edit.
The following warning appears.
- On the Edit Multiple Records warning,
click OK to proceed.
The Edit Multiple Users window appears.
- From the User group field,
click Select Group.
The Select User Groupwindow appears.
- Highlight the Chicago option in the User Group column and click Select.
- On the Edit Multiple Users window, click Save and then Close.
- Close the Users window.
- From the User Admin menu,
select User Groups.
The User Groups window appears.
- Click the Chicago user group,
and click Assign Gateway Logins.
The Assign Gateway Logins to User Group 'Chicago' window appears.
Note: The Assign Gateway Logins section shows that you inherit any gateway logins mapped to the users you added to the user group. This rule also applies to accounts.
- Assign additional gateway logins and click Save.
- To test the group administrator's permissions, logout of TT User Setup, and then log back in using the login of the user you created (e.g. AMURPHY). If this is the first time logging in, the system prompts you to change the password.
The Users window only displays the users that belong to the group(s) that the group administrator is allowed to manage.