Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
A Password Administrator can unlock users and reset a user’s password for some user groups or all user groups. A Password Administrator can only access the Unlock Users/Reset Passwords window. For additional information, see Unlocking Users and Resetting Passwords for some user groups or all user groups.
To create a Password Administrator...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- From the Users window, click New.
The New User window appears.
Note: To give an existing user administrative privileges, select the user from the Users window and click Edit.
- Edit any Login, Contact, or User Defined fields as needed.
- Click the Administrator Settings tab.
- Select the Password Administrator option from the Administrator Type drop-down menu.
- To allow this administrator to manage all passwords in all available user groups, uncheck the Restrict Password Admin to User Groups listed below option.
- To restrict this administrator to managing
specific user groups, check the Restrict Password
Admin to User Groups listed below option.
A list of the available user groups appears.
- From the Available User Groups list,
click to select the user group that you want assigned to the Password
Administrator. If the group does not exist, click Create and
Note: Press the Ctrl key to select multiple groups from the list.
- Using the transfer arrow buttons (>, >>, <, <<),
move one or more user group from the Available
User Groups list to the Can
only see Users in the following User Groups list.
Note: A Password Administrator must be configured to manage at least one user group.
- Click Save.
- Skip to the Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings topic.