ApplyingBasic User Properties
Configure basic user properties using the following tabs on the New User or Edit User window:
- User Settings
- Contact Information
- User Defined Fields
The procedures in this topic describe how to create a new X_TRADER or X_RISK user, but they apply to editing or copying existing users as well. Refer to the Creating, Editing, and Deleting Records topic for other methods you can use to create or edit users.
To create an X_TRADER or X_RISK user and apply the basic user properties...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- Click New.
- On the User Settings and Contact
Information tabs, enter the user's Login and Contact information
as needed, as well as the user’s two-factor authentication settings.
Refer to the New
User and Edit User Window Fields topic
for descriptions of each field.
- Leave the Active option checked if this user should be able to log in.
- Set the password expiration and concurrent login settings as needed.
- Click the UserDefined tab and enter any optional user information (MGT, account number, etc.).
- Click Save.
Applying CME Market Data Settings
Starting 1/1/2015, TT will become the Vendor of Record for CME market data in the X_TRADER ASP environment. As such, TT will be required to report CME market data usage on behalf of X_TRADER ASP clients, as determined by CME requirements. In X_TRADER ASP only, X_TRADER® and X_RISK® users that subscribe to CME market data will be presented with a link to the CME Market Data Subscriber Agreement, which is part of the CME Billing Requirements. All X_TRADER ASP users must sign this agreement by 1/1/2015 to continue to be able to access CME market data. This requirement applies to both SIM and Live users.
To support this requirement, TT User Setup allows you to enable or disable the receipt of market data for a given product group on a per user basis, as well as view a user’s CME subscriber agreement status. Additionally, a CME-specific report can be generated that contains all users with permissions to see data, as well as users’ CME product group entitlements. This report can help generate the usage report that must be submitted to CME.
In X_TRADER ASP as of 1/1/2015, TT will send reports of market data users directly to CME. In a non-X_TRADER ASP environment, your firm may be required to report market data usage directly to CME.
Additional information about CME Market Data billing and administration can be found in this FAQ. For more information about market data reporting in X_TRADER ASP, please contact your TAM.
In X_TRADER ASP, users (e.g., FCMs) must continue to perform market data entitlement administration for end users in TT User Setup. However, in order to effectively administer entitlements, additional configuration options are available in TT User Setup 7.17.41. in Multi
Using the CME Market Data settings on the User Settings tab, broker administrators in X_TRADER ASP can mark a user as grandfathered and/or covered under a netting agreement for billable CME Product Groups:
- Grandfathered User: These users will have a 50% discount on the market data fees for 2015. The CME migration waiver will need to be collected by the FCM. By default, this option is turned off. After an upgrade to 7.17.41 and prior to 1/1/2015, broker administrators in X_TRADER ASP need to enable this setting for grandfathered users in order to report their market data access correctly to CME.
- Netting Program Participant: This option can be used to flag users that participate in the CME’s netting program. CME will bill those clients directly. In X_TRADER ASP, TT still reports these users to the exchange, but reports them as non-billable. By default this option is turned off. Broker and buy-side administrators in X_TRADER ASP need to enable this setting after an upgrade to 7.17.41 and prior to 1/1/2015 for users with netting agreements.
In X_TRADER ASP, broker administrators can configure grandfathered settings for their internal users as well as buy-side users that connect to them, and they can set their own internal users as being covered under a netting agreement. In non-X_TRADER ASP, these settings can also be used to assist in reporting CME Market Data subscriptions by your users. Group or system administrators (even those without account access) can configure these settings.
Buy-side administrators set whether their users are covered under a netting agreement from the TT User Setup web client.
CME Product Group Permissions Reports
The CME Product Group Permissions report contains “grandfathered” and “netting agreement” columns for each available CME product group. For example, “CME G/F” for grandfathered market data access or “COMEX Netting” to show netting agreements for the product group per user. Each product group column is populated with either “yes” or “no” based on the user settings.
To apply CME Market Data settings...
- On the User Settings tab in the New or Edit User window, select which product groups are grandfathered for the user.
- Select the product groups that a user can access without being
billed. Make sure to select the netting program participant to activate
If marked as having a netting agreement, a user will not be billed for CME market data access to the selected groups.
Refer to User Settings .
The following figure shows both types of settings in X_TRADER ASP and non-X_TRADER ASP environments.
- Enter or select the netting program participant organization
name (typically your company name).
Netting participants in the list are organizations that have legacy netting agreements with CME and will be charged directly by the exchange. Enter a new netting program participant to the list or select an existing one that the user belongs to. Selecting None indicates that the user is not covered under a netting agreement with CME.
Note: If you enter a netting program participant name, that name is saved and appears in the list for all subsequent users in your environment.