Setting Account Permissions
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Use the fields on this tab to restrict which accounts a user can select when routing orders.
Note: When using TT software versions 7.17 and later, you do not need to assign accounts to TTORDs. TTORD users can enter orders with any account number unless restricted by Account Permissions or Customer Defaults.
Tip: The TT User Setup 7.17.10 upgrade installation pre-populates the Account Permissions tab based on existing users' TTORDs and/or Customer Defaults, so that users' accounts continue to be restricted for order routing after an upgrade.
To set account permissions...
- Access the Account Permissions tab for a user.
The Account Permissions window appears.
For a description of the fields on the Account Permissions tab, refer to Account Permissions
- If you want to restrict to user to only using certain accounts,
click the Can only create, modify, and delete orders with the
following accounts (others will be rejected) checkbox in the Account
If this setting is unchecked, the user can place an order with any account (as long as the account is not already restricted by Customer Defaults or TTORD settings). The Account Permissions Enabled column in the User’s window shows whether the user can create, modify, and delete orders with the listed accounts.
Note: If this setting is checked, Customer Defaults created with an account that is not permitted will be invalid in X_TRADER and the account will not appear in the Order Pane of Market Window.
- Click the Assign Existing Account button.
To add a new account, click New and then refer to Creating Accounts
- Click on an account in the Select Account window and click Select.
- To prevent an account from routing orders, select an account and uncheck Permitted for order routing. This functionality only works if Can only create, modify, and delete orders with the following accounts (others will be rejected) is checked.
- To allow an account to route orders but prevent the account from routing orders with ADL, uncheck Permitted for ADL order routing. This functionality only works if Can only create, modify, and delete orders with the following accounts (others will be rejected) is checked.
- Click Save.