Adding a Study on a Study
X_STUDY provides the ability to add a technical indicator using the values from another technical indicator study on the chart.
To add a study on a study,
- Right-click the chart and select Technical Indicators... from the context menu. This displays the Technical Indicators dialog box with a list of available indicators.
- Select the parent technical indicator. This is the indicator whose values you would like to use as input values for the second (or child) study.
- Modify indicator parameters using the fields displayed in the Technical Indicator Properties section found on the right-side of the dialog box. (Optional) For example, select the Chart Area property available in the Appearance section.
- Click the Add button. This displays the technical indicator in the Applied to Chart section of the dialog box.
- Select the second technical that you would like to add to the chart.
- Click the Input Source field in the Technical Indicator Properties section of the dialog box and select the parent study in the drop-down list.
- Modify indicator parameters. (Optional)
- Click the Add button to add the second study to the chart. This displays the technical indicator in the Applied to Chart section of the dialog box under the parent study.
- Click the Close button to close the Technical Indicator Properties dialog box.