List of Technical Studies
X_STUDY provides many technical studies. The following table lists just some of the available technical studies provided in X_STUDY.
For a complete list of available technical indicators see List of Technical Indicators.
|Trend||Oscillators||Bands / Volatility||Volume|
Commodity Channel Index
Average True Range
Average Directional Movement
Directional Movement Indicator
Percentile Price Oscillator
Bollinger Band Width
Moving Average Convergence Divergence
Rate of Change
On Balance Volume
Relative Strength Index
Volume on the Bid and Ask
Volume Weighted Average Price
Cumulative Vol Delta (TT CVD®)
Double Exponential Moving Average
Price Volume Trend
Williams % R
Volume at Price
To add a technical indicator,
- Right-click the chart and select Technical Indicators... from the context menu. This displays the Technical Indicators dialog box with a list of available indicators.
- Select the technical indicator that you would like to use and click the Add button. This displays the technical indicator in the Applied to Chart section of the dialog box.
- Modify indicator parameters using the fields displayed in the Technical Indicator Properties section found on the right-side of the dialog box. (Optional) For example, select the Color property to change the color of the technical indicator.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each technical indicator that you would like to add to the chart.
Tip: You can also add a technical indicator using the command line. To do this, type a period (.) in the command line and a list of available technical indicators displays. From the list click to apply the technical indicator to the chart.
X_STUDY provides the ability to customize the parameters and colors of each technical indicator.
To change a technical indicator’s properties,
- Right-click the indicator.
- Select the indicator’s Properties at the bottom of the context menu.
TIP: You may also right-click the chart and select Technical Indicators... and select the desired indicator in the Applied to Chart section of the Technical Indicators dialog box.