Creating a New Strategy
Strategies are created from the Create Strategy window. When creating CME strategies in the Strategy Creation window using X_TRADER 7.17.65 or higher, the Strategy Type is dynamically selected based on the legs:
- When a combination of futures and option make up the legs, the Price and Delta fields become enabled for the futures leg and Covered is displayed as the strategy type.
- When a strategy is configured for only options, Combo is displayed as the strategy type.
Note: Strategy creation is not available when running X_TRADER in simulation mode. However, you may access and trade all strategies that exist in the production markets.
To create a new strategy...
From the Control Panel, click the icon.
- or -
From the Control Panel, click the Window menu and choose Create Strategy.
- or -
Select the desired contract(s) from the Market Grid and right-click to access the context menu. Click Create Strategy.
- or -
From the Market Explorer select the desired contract(s) and choose Create Strategy.
The Create Strategy window appears.
Click the button to add a leg to the strategy. A new leg appears in the Strategy Creation pane.
- Click the down arrow in the Contract column. The Instrument Explorer dialog appears.
- Select the desired Market, Product Type, Product, and Instrument.
- Click OK. The contract is added to the leg.
- Repeat steps 2-5 to add additional legs.
- Edit the legs as appropriate.
- Click B/S to toggle between Buy and Sell.
- Change the Qty field per leg where permitted.
Enter a Price and Delta per leg where permitted.
Note: If you are creating a strategy for SFE, you must add a price to each leg in the Price column.
Click the down arrow to the left of the Create button to select a Strategy Type.
Note: Refer to the exchange market rules for strategy types available.
The new strategy is created and appears in the top row of the Saved Strategies List.