Floating Depth Window
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
The Floating Depth Window is a popup window which appears in the Market Grid or Spread Matrix, letting you trade from a contract's depth quickly.
The Floating Depth Window:
To set up the Floating Depth Window:
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu and choose Properties.
- On the General tab, in the Floating Windows section,
choose how you want to launch the Depth Window.
Your options are:
- Middle click: When you click the middle mouse button.
- Keyboard: The Hotkey tab establishes launch button.
- Mouse hover: When you hover the cursor over the product.
- Click OK.
- In the Market Grid or Spread Matrix window, right-click to access the context menu.
- Click to enable Floating > Depth.
A checkmark indicates Floating Depth is enabled.
Trading with the Floating Depth Window
- In the Market Grid or Spread
Matrix window, put your cursor over a price or quantity field for
a contract you want to trade.
Note: These cells include: BidQty, BidPrc, AskPrc, AskQty, LastPrc, LastQty, ImpBidQty, ImpBidPrc, ImpAskPrc, ImpAskQty.
- Launch the Floating Depth Window according to the property you set in the Floating Windows section in the General tab of Global Properties.
- Click the row at the price you want to trade.
Your Order Entry window seeds with the contract and price you clicked.
- Click the quantity to seed the order entry with the quantity shown.
- Click the price to seed the Order Pane with the price shown. Your quantity will be zero or, if defined, your default quantity.
- Adjust your quantity.
- Adjust your Time in Force options.
- Click Buy or Sell to trade.
Floating Depth Window Examples
The Floating Depth Window will not launch if:
The Floating Depth Window consolidates price rows to display the three best available bids and offers.
FDW 3 best bids and offers
Blank lines only appear if there are less than three levels of depth available to trade.
Note: The Floating Depth Window is not compatible with BrokerTec.
FDW blank lines