Keyboard Trading in the Floating Order Book
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
You can use the keyboard to interact easily with the Floating Order Book. Use the default hotkeys or customize them to create your own.
TT Default Map
Launch the Floating Order Book.
Focus on quantity
Edit the quantity field.
Focus on Price
Edit the price field.
Decrease the price or quantity fields.
Increase the price or quantity fields.
Submit the order as defined and close the Floating Order Book.
Delete the highlighted order.
Close the window.
To assign hotkeys to the Floating Order Book:
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu and choose Properties.
- Click the Hotkeys tab.
- In the Keyboard Layout field, click to select Custom.
- In the Component column, click Floating Order Book.
- In the Command column, click the command for which you want to assign a hotkey.
- Click in the Press new shortcut key field.
- Press the key or keys you want to represent that command.
- Click the Assign button.
Note: Some keys cannot be used as hotkeys. (E.g., Delete, Backspace, Tab...and others.)
Display the Floating Order Book using the keyboard
To display the Floating Order Book using the keyboard:
Note: The keyboard shortcut to launch the Floating Order Book only works in the Market Grid.
- Ensure you set the Floating Order Book property in the General tab on the Properties menu.
- In the Market Grid, click the BidQty or AskQty for the product for which you have working orders.
- Right-click to open the context menu.
- Press z.
Note: You can change the launch key using the Hotkeys tab on the Properties menu.