Assigning an Order Template to a Customer Profile
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Once you create an order template, you can select it from the Order pane and use it to place orders. Additionally, you can assign the template to a Customer profile in the Customer Defaults window. This associates the data in the two windows, letting you seed order entry parameters based on the customer selected in the Order Pane Customer drop-down list.
Create the Order template:
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu and choose Order Defaults.
- Click <New Template> in the bottom row and type an order template name.
- Check SEL to add the template to the Order Template list in the Order Pane.
- Define the order template settings.
Note: Your changes save each time you press Tab or Enter or click in another field.
- Close the Order Defaults window.
Assign the Order template to a Customer profile:
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu and chooseCustomer Defaults.
- Locate the customer row.
- Select the template from the Order Template drop-down list.
- Close the Customer Defaults window.
Seed the Order Pane with the pre-configured Order template:
- Open the Order Pane.
- Select the customer in the Customer drop-down list.
This displays the template name in the Order Template field and seeds the Order Pane with the configured order template parameters.