Submitting a Mutual Offset Order
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
X_TRADERlets you submit Mutual Offset System (MOS) orders. The MOS agreement between the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and the Singapore Exchange (SGX) lets you open a futures position on one exchange and liquidate it on the other. This is one way to manage your overnight risk.
The agreement includes the following instruments:
- Euroyen TIBOR
- Nikkei - Yen
- Nikkei - Dollar
You must designate a trade as an MOS trade prior to submitting.
To submit a Mutual Offset order...
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu and choose Customer Defaults.
- Find the Customer Default row you want to designate as Mutual Offset trades and set the Acct field to G2.
- In the Give Up column, you must specify the account by completing the following two steps:
- Type SX as the first two letters.
- Type the clearing firm number. (This is a number between 1 and 3 digits.)
Example: You set the Give Up column to SX123, where 123 is the mutual offset for Eurodollars.
- Close the Customer Defaults dialog box.
- Open a Market window with the instrument you want to trade.
- In the Routing section, click the <Default> field and select the MOS customer from the list.
- Add or change any necessary information (e.g., quantity, price, order type, time in force)
- Click Buy or Sell to execute.