Displaying Profit and Loss in the Position Pane
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Customize how your Profit and Loss (P/L) calculates and displays using the Position Pane and Summary Pane context menu. The P/L Based On option lets you calculate P/L using any of the following prices:
- Last price
- Bid/ask price
- Opening price
- Closing price
- High price
- Low price
- Settlement price
- Risk Algorithm
Note: The Risk Algorithm is useful in illiquid markets where the Last Traded Price (LTP) may not be the best indicator of the current market. It calculates Open P/L using the following criteria:
1. Last Traded Price (LTP)
An LTP is considered valid if it is greater than or equal to the Bid and less than or equal to the Ask.
2. Midpoint of the Bid and Ask
If no valid LTP exists, the midpoint is used.
If the Ask is valid but the Bid is not, the Ask is used. If the Bid is valid but the Ask is not, the Bid is used.
If neither the Bid nor Ask is available, the settlement is used.
If the settlement is not available the Close is used.
The P/L Display lets you select the P/L (Profit/Loss) column display type as one of the following:
- Specific currency
Note: The Primary Currency designation in the Guardian Currency Table determines the default currency. You can change the default currency using this context menu option.
- Product’s native currency
- Quantity multiplied by the price
To select the P/L method:
- Right-click any cell in the Position pane or Summary pane to access the context menu.
- Click P/L Based On and select a calculating method.
- Click P/L Display and choose a display type. Note: You can only obtain a total position P/L if you have selected Currency – USD.