Launching an OTA from the Order Pane
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Use the Order Pane to quickly launch an Order Ticket Algo (OTA). When an algo is selected from the Order Template section the Order Pane will refresh and display related algo sections. After an algo has been launched you can manage and monitor its progress from the Parent Order Book window or the Algo Dashboard window.
Warning! TT strongly recommends that you test algos with TT SIM before running them in a live production environment. Refer to Running X_TRADER in Simulation Mode for more information.
To launch an OTA from the Order Pane:
- From the Market Grid, click the contract you wish to trade.
- In the Order Template section, select an algo. The Algo Instance, Variable, and Value sections appear.
Set the quantity and price.
Note: Depending on the algo selected, these fields may be disabled.
- Choose a customer account. This assumes you set up one or more Customer Default profiles.
- Enter an Algo Instance name and change the Client Disconnect Action if needed.
Edit the variable values as necessary.
Note: Algo variables vary for each algo type.
- Depending on the algo type,
do one of the following:
- or -
- Click Buy or Sell.