Trading Eurodollar Options
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
The following changes were made to X_TRADER to support Eurodollar options:
Sequence of Events
Trading Eurodollar Options follows this sequence of events:
- Market Makers supply indicative bids and indicative offers whose prices display in new indicative columns in the Market Grid. These prices are not tradable, rather, they show an approximation of the tradable price.
Note: If you want an indicative price not shown, send an RFQ for an indicative price.
- You send out an RFQ for a tradable price on any commodity.
Note: Commodities do not have to already have an indicative price to request a tradable price.
- Market Maker supplies a tradable price that appears in the Bid Price and Ask Price columns like any other contract in X_TRADER.
- You decide whether to make the trade.
To trade Eurodollar Options:
- Log on to CME.
- Enter Eurodollar Options contracts into the Market Grid.
- Right-click the Market Grid and click Select Columns.
- Click to select: IndBidQty, IndBidPrc, IndAskPrc, IndAskQty
Indicative prices and quantities appear in the Market Grid.
- Right-click the contract you want to get a tradable price on.
- Click Send RFQ.
- In the Qty field, enter a quantity you want to get a tradable price on.
- In the Side field, click the kind of trade you want tradable prices on: Buy, Sell or Both Sides
- In the Ind/Tradable field, click Tradable.
- Click Send.
A tradable price will be appear in the Bid Price or Ask Price columns on the Market Grid.
- Execute the trade using the Market Grid.