You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
X_TRADER allows users to transfer workspaces between workstations manually.
Note: The following instructions assume X_TRADER is already installed on the new workstation.
Warning: Only transfer workspaces and settings between workstations running the same version of X_TRADER. If your old workstation is running a different version of X_TRADER, it is recommended to collect log files and then upgrade the machine to the version X_TRADER that will be running on your new workstation.
To Collect Files on the Old Workstation
- Double-click the Guardian icon in the lower-right corner of the System Tray.
- From the Tools menu select Collect Logfiles. The files are compressed into a .zip file and saved to the <root drive>:ttlogfiles.
- Transfer this .zip file to the new X_TRADER workstation.
To Transfer your X_TRADER Workspace
- Extract the .zip file contents to the new desktop.
- Within the extraction folder, locate and open the tt folder.
- Open the datfiles folder and copy all files and folders. These are the workspaces that existed on the old workstation.
- Paste the copied contents within the <root drive>:ttdatfiles folder.
- Within the <root drive>:ttlogfiles folder create a copy of the tt_current_user_reg.txt file.
- Rename the file to tt_current_user.reg. Confirm that you want to change the file extension.
- Double-click the tt_current_user.reg file to apply the settings from your old X_TRADER workstation to your new X_TRADER workstation. You will be asked if you are sure you want to add the information.
- Click Yes. The settings are applied to your registry.
- Reboot your new X_TRADER workstation.