Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Automation Test Engineer who will thrive on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state-of-the-art trading applications. Automation Test Engineers are constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through testing and provide feedback that can help enhance our end-user experience. The role will primarily focus on supporting the automated trading tools that our product offers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Design, develop and execute test plans and test cases based on software requirements and technical design specs
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Development team
- Recommend product improvements, usability enhancements or corrections in coordination with Product Management team
- Collaborate with a team of testers to constantly improve and enhance each other’s skill sets and arsenal of test tools
- Update the automation framework to support new features or fix automation issues
- Manually test new features thoroughly before automation is developed
- Responsible for testing product releases via a combination of system-level automated and manual tests
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- At least 2 years experience with Python is required
- 3-5 years’ experience with scripting automation tests
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement
- Must understand the testing and development life cycle methodologies
- Knowledge of the financial industry and trading systems is a plus
- Automation framework development skills are a plus
- Knowledge and previous coding experience with an object oriented language
- Working knowledge of Selenium a plus
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, fitness tracker (including Fitbit or Apple watch), “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss, smoking cessation or Fitbit steps)
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, fruit and beverages
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
- Game room, meditation room, fitness classes and onsite bar (TT Tech Tap) providing complimentary beer and wine
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation