We pioneer futures trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for the most discriminating capital markets professionals.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst with experience in market connectivity to join our Product Management team. Each market comes with its own unique requirements which requires familiarity with existing exchange implementations as well as the ability to think critically and strategically in order to ensure new requirements are handled correctly.
As we continue to add trade execution and analytics support for new trading venues around the globe, this individual’s primary responsibility will be to document the unique sets of software and connectivity requirements per exchange, make decisions about which features to support and their relative priority, and ultimately lead our engineering teams in a fast-paced and extremely collaborative, agile development-driven environment.
A successful business analyst will be extremely inquisitive. Unafraid to ask questions in order to understand our end users, their business, and how our software can be optimized to facilitate their needs. This individual will be able to clearly articulate those needs in both written and verbal communications. In addition, an ideal business analyst will likely have worked in the trading/financial industry and will have a strong understanding of technology and development that he or she will apply towards working with our engineering teams to prioritize feature development efforts and to estimate timelines.
- Determine scope and priority of software projects, individual user stories, and defects.
- Review exchange API specifications and exchange notices to gain a clear understanding of the capabilities that are supported, as well as insight into any planned enhancements and upgrades, and to then decide what we should be supporting based on the demands of our end users, cost, revenue potential, time-to-market, and our own service & availability standards.
- Understand customer objectives and translate them into specific business & software requirements, and then further transform those into detailed, functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Serve as a liaison between your immediate product team and sales, support, customer success, marketing, and engineering.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our trading software from end-to-end and be willing to teach and mentor others outside of your immediate group.
- Effectively communicate with external customers and internal teams to deliver business cases, user guides, use-cases, white papers, release notes, training content, and marketing materials.
- Remain current with industry and software advancements and regulations.
- Apply agile development standards to managing one or more feature backlogs and to leading sprint planning meetings and attending daily stand-ups.
- Participate in design walk-throughs and in test planning to ensure that business objectives are being adequately met by the software that is being developed and tested.
What you can expect to learn within three months.
- Proficiency with relevant processes required for Product Management at TT, including:
- Epic management
- Prioritization of work items based on dev team workload
- Ticket handling processes
- Able to read and comprehend exchange API documentation in order to develop requirements
- Provides assistance to senior team members with monitoring of exchange notices and creation of relevant Jiras for required work
- Responsible for developing requirements on an exchange project overseen by a senior team member
- Understand high level component teams (Prices, OC, etc.) and dependencies and work with the relevant teams on requirements
What you can expect to be responsible for within six months.
- Assigned as Product Manager for one exchange in their local region, encompassing all of the duties listed in the Job Responsibilities section above for the selected exchange
- Work with senior team members, along with the exchange and TT Legal, to review and execute exchange market data agreements
- Work with the Service Management team to understand exchange infrastructure and connectivity as well as to build out the requirements for new exchange support
- Identify at-risk projects and work with the appropriate team members to ensure dates are not missed
- Work with a senior team member to own a component for sprint planning purposes
What you can expect to own and continually expand upon by the end of the first year.
- Assigned as Product Manager for 3-4 markets, with at least one outside of their local region
- As Product Manager, responsible for all communications with their owned exchanges, including exchange notices, API upgrades, new functionality, etc.
- Work with Customer Success, Onboarding and others to ensure cross team coordination to ensure effective customer communication
- Take over as sole owner of a component (Prices, OC, etc.) for sprint planning purposes
What we bring to the table.
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipend and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation
Trading Technologies (TT) creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for US offices.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com