We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our Product Management team. As we continue to add trade execution and analytics support for new trading venues around the globe (with a focus on futures exchanges), this individual’s primary responsibility will be to document the unique sets of software and connectivity requirements per exchange, make decisions about which features to support and their relative priority, and ultimately lead our engineering teams in a fast-paced and extremely collaborative, agile development-driven environment. A successful business analyst will be extremely inquisitive — unafraid to ask questions in order to understand our end users, their business, and how our software can be optimized to facilitate their needs. This individual will be able to clearly articulate those needs in both written and verbal communications. In addition, an ideal business analyst will likely have worked in the trading/financial industry and will have a strong understanding of technology and development that he or she will apply towards working with our engineering teams to prioritize feature development efforts and to estimate timelines.
- Determine scope and priority of software projects, individual user stories, and defects.
- Review exchange API specifications and exchange notices to gain a clear understanding of the capabilities that are supported, as well as insight into any planned enhancements and upgrades, and to then decide what we should be supporting based on the demands of our end users, cost, revenue potential, time-to-market, and our own service & availability standards.
- Understand customer objectives and translate them into specific business & software requirements, and then further transform those into detailed, functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Serve as a liaison between your immediate product team and sales, support, customer success, marketing, and engineering.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our trading software from end-to-end and be willing to teach and mentor others outside of your immediate group.
- Effectively communicate with external customers and internal teams to deliver business cases, user guides, use-cases, white papers, release notes, training content, and marketing materials.
- Remain current with industry and software advancements and regulations.
- Apply agile development standards to managing one or more feature backlogs and to leading sprint planning meetings and attending daily stand-ups.
- Participate in design walk-throughs and in test planning to ensure that business objectives are being adequately met by the software that is being developed and tested.
- Good listening and interviewing skills – able to elicit customer requirements, take detailed notes, pose relevant questions, and understand big picture objectives.
- Good critical judgment – able to distill important information into concise, effective summaries.
- Experience in demonstrating leadership and guiding teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills
- 5+ years of industry experience, likely to have been gained by working in a software-related role for a bank, hedge fund, trading firm, ISV, or financial exchange.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with fixed income, options, or equities is a plus
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program.