Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking driven and talented C++ Software Engineers who thrive on pushing the limits of technology to produce state of the art trading applications. TT’s platform is the front-end screen of choice for professional derivatives traders around the world. As a Software Engineer you will work on our award-winning trading platform which incorporates robust, high-performance tools for spread trading, strategy creation, algorithmic and automated trading, black-box execution, high-frequency proximity-based trading and more.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- What you can expect during the initial training period (anticipated 3-6 months – the length of the training period might vary depending on the candidate):
- Work closely with the team’s Forensics Engineer to analyze and diagnose production issues
- Participate in recurring code walkthrough courses that will guide you through major pathways of the Algo code base
- Participate in recurring evaluations that will serve as checkpoints to ensure progress
- Participate in occasional pair-programming exercises under the guidance of Algo Team development manager
- What you can expect to be responsible for and continually own, after successful completion of the training period:
- Implement architectural refinements and enhancements
- Implement optimal resolutions in response to diagnosis of production issues
- Implement unit tests and alerts to preempt vulnerabilities
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Create detailed design documents
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Extensive and proven development experience with C++ (ideally utilizing C++ 11 or higher, and at least four years of C++ experience preferred)
- Proficient in debugging methods and tools (GDB, Address Sanitizer, etc.)
- Direct experience with object-oriented design skills
- Proficient in multi-threaded applications with a focus on performance
- Working knowledge of various IPC mechanisms
- Experience developing components in a distributed system
- Clean coding style with emphasis on readability
- Familiarity with Git is a plus
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and UDP protocols is a plus
- Experience with financial trading systems is a plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to technical requirements
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, fitness tracker (including Fitbit or Apple watch), “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss, smoking cessation or Fitbit steps)
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, fruit and beverages
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
- Game room, meditation room, fitness classes and onsite bar (TT Tech Tap) providing complimentary beer and wine
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.