Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a Data Center Technician to join our Service Management team. The team is responsible for managing and maintaining Trading Technologies’ global server, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, which is deployed across 14+ data center & colocation facilities.
As a Data Center Technician, you will install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain server hardware, storage infrastructure and network/telecom infrastructure. The successful candidate will be adept at working both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to success. In addition to hardware and network repair, the Data Center Technician will also install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, participate in site-level project work, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space.
A typical day in the Data Center Technician role involves manual movement, installation, and configuration of infrastructure at production sites or the lab. For overseas and remote sites, you will interface with third-party remote hands engineers, and be expected to provide detailed instruction sets and diagrams for the coordination of remote installations or troubleshooting.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Installation of all IT servers, network hardware and related components to manufacturer specification.
- Cabling: Daily installation and oversight of all server, network and storage patching for new systems including maintenance of appropriate documentation for all pathways and labeling of all connections.
- Dress and label all cables for easy identification and traceability and recommend changes.
- Install, terminate, test and label all cross connects (copper and fiber) in the data center according to Company best practices.
- Provision exact space assignments and maintain documentation for each IT device and all related components ensuring proper operation and appropriate expansion space.
- Assists with the design and implementation of all hot/cold aisle configuration for optimal performance.
- Manages all power and cooling needs, and monitors environmental conditions within the data halls.
- Proactively monitors critical facility infrastructure and analyzes real-time/historical data to identify early signs of issues in system performance.
- Complies with all regulatory standards, such as OSHA,EPA, SOC II, PCI, ISO, etc., and participates in all required compliance audits.
- Troubleshoots switched / multiplexed / media converted circuits; raises to, and works with networking group, as needed.
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity.
- Supports customer and/or auditor tours as needed.
- Responsible for Power Monitoring and Reporting.
- Maintains accurate inventory of work tools, test equipment, and devices.
- Reads installation plans and implements installation accordingly.
- Supports day-to-day operations of data center and execute various projects.
- Monitors and resolves technical issues and alarms with Infrastructure, ensuring issue resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related IT field.
- 2 or more years of experience required with Data Center or Critical Facilities.
- Practical knowledge and work experience with Structured Cabling (CAT5/6, Fiber and the layer 1 infrastructure including racking and stacking and other physical demands.
- Must have a disciplined approach to managing task assignments, solid interpersonal skills, good judgement and flexibility.
- Team Player with the ability to work autonomously and responsibly in a mission- critical Data Center environment.
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours/weekend support as needed.
- Able to understand installation specifications.
- Must be able to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills, type with proficiency and exhibit professional phone etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel.
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships, and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss and smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com