We are seeking a strong Data Scientist with a background in computer science as well as either applied math or statistics to join our Chicago team of artificial intelligence system developers. In this role, you can expect to participate in the full lifecycle of data science, including everything from project ideation and data collection through modeling, results presentation and model refinement.
- Program daily in Java and other data science languages, such as R and Scala
- Read and process data from test files or REST endpoints
- Write JUnit tests
- Work in Python, pandas, scikit-learn and utilize data visualization libraries
- Process large CSV and JSON datasets within a platform that uses map-reduce processing pattern, such as Spark, Hadoop, H2O, dask, etc.
- Work with various model types, such as classifier, regression, unsupervised and time-series models
- Test for Gaussian distribution and stationarity, and detect outliers
- Explain and communicate the math and logic of the work to non-technical audiences
- Java programming experience is a must, and experience developing multithreaded distributed systems is preferred
- Multi-variable calculus experience and basic linear algebra knowledge including matrix math and solving systems of linear equations
- Familiarity with Markov processes and models
- Experience with Github, Linux and SSH, as well as network analysis and signal processing
- Experience with the H2O.ai platform a plus
- Basic understanding of the trading industry, data security and privacy practices
- Ability to take ownership over work and ask questions as needed
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical explanations to non-technical audiences who may include C-level executives and/or lawyers
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program.