We are currently seeking a highly motivated Dev Ops Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong technical abilities across the IT operations stack (hardware, networking, middleware, database and applications). The ideal candidate has a software development background with a passion for operations and drive to automate. Technical leadership and ability to handle high pressure situations is a must as you will be called upon to troubleshoot and remediate production impacting incidents in real time.
- Frontline break/fix support for production trading application delivered via SaaS
- Action infrastructure, system and network alerts and remediate production issue
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability and performance
- Deployment of applications to production, stage, and test environments
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation
- Build, configure and maintain virtual Linux environments
- Inform management on the progress of production impacting incidents
- Research and create information inline with our Knowledge Management methodology
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience in related discipline
- 3-5 years experience supporting 24/7 mission critical applications or services in production
- 3-5 years experience in software development or writing production quality scripts, SDLC experience preferred
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Experience with web service interfaces, e.g., REST, JSON, XML, XQuery
- Experience with deployment automation and related tools, like Chef or Puppet
- Experience with infrastructure and system monitoring tools, Nagios, Icinga, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and system administration
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience working with AWS infrastructures a plus
- Experience with DevOps practices plus
- Familiarity with ITSM concepts a plus
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program.